Location: Remote (Memphis or Nashville welcomed)
Type: Contract (Flexible hours, to be determined)
Company Description: Silex Data Solutions, a high-growth, privately owned systems integrator operated business based in Tennessee, is at the cutting-edge of IT innovation. Our team, comprising seasoned IT veterans, takes a holistic approach to technology, focusing on Business Processes and IT Automation. We are dedicated to Research & Development, constantly pushing the boundaries to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions that maximize ROI for our clients. Our unique delivery methodology ensures a deep understanding of client needs, offering opportunities for education and empowerment in new IT initiatives. At Silex, we not only commit to technological advancement but also to the growth and development of our team, providing a dynamic environment where technical skills can flourish and career opportunities abound.
Job Description: We are on the lookout for an experienced DevOps Engineer who combines technical expertise with exceptional customer relationship skills. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of Jenkins pipelines and a passion for process automation, along with a talent for guiding clients in best practices, especially in Git. This role calls for a blend of technical skill, customer engagement, and an ability to align with our clients’ long-term goals.
- Design, build, and maintain Jenkins pipelines, focusing on long-term scalability and client needs.
- Manage Jenkins configurations as code, prioritizing quality and reliability.
- Utilize OpenShift and Ansible for container orchestration and configuration management (experience in these is highly desirable).
- Develop comprehensive documentation for system configurations, processes, and service records.
- Work alongside colleagues on the Silex team on other customer projects, ensuring consistent practices and standards.
- Stay informed on the latest trends in DevOps methodologies and tools, aiming for innovations that strengthen client relationships.
- Collaborate closely with clients, forming lasting partnerships and understanding their unique requirements.
- Educate and guide clients in Git best practices, enhancing their workflow and collaboration.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the team.
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer with a strong emphasis on Jenkins (Preferably CloudBees).
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing Jenkins as code.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting .Net and Java code.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience with OpenShift and Ansible is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with additional technologies such as AWS and GitHub Actions is a plus.
- Exceptional problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.